I’ve recently updated our company website, http://ohzeecreative.com and wanted to share this news on my Facebook. When I typed the URL in, all I got was an outdated content snippet containing GoDaddy’s standard placeholder text: “Future Home of Something Quite Cool”.
I was puzzled by this because I thought the content was being retrieved live. I found out that actually it’s retrieved from a cache on Facebook side.
The good news is, there’s also a way to force an update to this cache. Go to this debugger tool and enter the problematic URL. This solved my problem.
Note: I also called GoDaddy to see why the placeholder file was being shown in the Hosting Account Manager instead of the real content. That turned out to be a separate caching issue that GoDaddy was able to fix on their side.